[gradsusr] opening modis hdf files

See Hai Ooi axl419 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 08:22:55 EST 2012

Sorry. I was in fact hoping that someone could offer a solution to the problem. To me, I think HDFView2.8 can only help to handle one parameter at a time for non-swath files and is tedious as well as not always straightforward.  You must first ensure that height and width are Y- and X-dims respectively before you export it as little endian binary file. Save the files as, for example, 05aerosol.bin, 06aerosol.bin etc.  Create a .ctl template (dset  %d2aerosol.bin) and analyse it with GrADS.  Hope this helps.

Regards.

Ooi