[gradsusr] save unders in RHEL6

James T. Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Tue Aug 14 15:22:44 EDT 2012

Hi Dan:

I think the issue here is with the X11 option "backingstore".
This used to be "on" or "true" in the older linux distributions
and was changed to "off".  You can use "xdpyinfo" to check
("xdpyinfo | grep backing").

I think you can modify this either by editing your xorg.conf
(/etc/X11/xorg.conf) or your display manager (e.g., xdm)
configure file, e.g.,

Section "ServerLayout"
     Option "BackingStore" "True"
EndSection

I believe another way is to start X with the option "+bs", e.g.,

/usr/X11R6/bin/X +bs

Jim