[gradsusr] the different between averaging dan time series

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 13:05:18 EDT 2012

Be careful how you set your dimension environment.  For the first exercise,
it appears your dimension environment is varying in time, fixed in the
y-direction, but varying slightly in the x-direction.  The resulting plot
you'll get is then a horizontal cross section of the 1-hr averaged
reflectivity at each point.  It will display the same variables 15 times
since your time dimension is varying.  You could simplify that and still
get the same response by keeping your time dimension fixed (the specific
value for t doesn't matter since you're specifying the time indices of the
average).

For the second exercise, you need to set your x-dimension to fixed in order
to get a time series.  Otherwise you'll again get a horizontal cross
section as in the first exercise.  Otherwise, the code is fine.

Jeff Duda

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant