[gradsusr] what is the function to plot deltaT time series?

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:39:26 EDT 2012

So you want to plot the difference between a given variable at time t and
the same variable at time t-1 for a range of time values?  If so, then set
your time dimension to encompass the entire period, then display:

'd var - var(t-1)'

if Grads gives you any guff over that, try enclosing the expression in a
tloop() function:

'd tloop(var-var(t-1))'

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Haibin Li <hli at envsci.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I have a time series for a given geographic location, now I want to plot
> a time series map for the delta T, i.e.,
> Var(t=2)-Var(t=1),Var(t=3)-Var(t=2), ..., Var(t=end)-Var(t=end-1).
> Does anyone know what command I can use to achieve that purpose?
> Thanks.
>

> Haibin

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant