[gradsusr] 64-bit erroneous values grads-2.0.1

Andreas Schneider cujyaz at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:42:25 EDT 2012

> yes, actually these are the values that I was getting on my 64-bit machine, but
> the true values actually range from about 190 to 310 (or 19000 to
> 31000 if not divided by 100).

This works for me in 2.0.a9 with big_endian (or byteswapped) when
actually it is little-endian. 2.0.1 additionally shifts all values by
8 bit down, so you get the approximate values by multiplying by 256
(with loss of the lower bits).

So I'd try to use GrADS 2.0.a9 until it is fixed. Most likely this
isn't a 64 bit issue (I'm using x86_64).

Andreas