[gradsusr] Subsetting a NetCDF File

Mark Hess mhess at oceani.com
Tue Apr 10 17:22:43 EDT 2012

I imagine this is a relatively simple task, but can't seem to find the answer in the gradsuser archives.  I have a NetCDF file zzz.nz.  I can open the file in GrADS, set display lat/lon range and display the data fine (in this case the data are U,V vector information).  All I am trying to do in this case is to extract a geographical subset of the zzz.nc file and then save to a new NetCDF (.nc) file.  Can you point me to a thread or some documentation on how to do this?  Thanks - Mark