[gradsusr] Templating over ENSEMBLE (EDEF entry)

Stefano Materia stefano.materia at cmcc.it
Tue Apr 10 05:52:35 EDT 2012

I would like to concatenate several model outputs coming from different
ensemble members. I edited a control file accordingly, and placed all my
netcdf files in the same directory.  However, when I open the control
file and attempt to display any variables (whether the e dimension is
varying or not), I get the "cannot contour grid - all undefined values"
error.  What is wrong?

DSET ^WAfrica_prec_19970501_%e1.nc
OPTIONS template
DTYPE netcdf
TITLE Precipitation from ISO
UNDEF  -9999
XDEF 38 linear -30 1.875
YDEF 32 linear -20 1.875
TDEF 184 linear 01may1997 1dy
EDEF 9 NAMES 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
ZDEF 1 linear      1 1
VARS  4
precip=>precip   0 t,y,x precip
lon=>lon         0 x   longitude(degrees_east)
lat=>lat         0 x   latitude(degrees_north)          time=>time
  0 t   time
endvars

Thanks for your help,
Stefano