[gradsusr] Help with gs scripts

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 12:02:27 EDT 2012

It would help for you to show the script code you're using.

Without knowing the code, things to consider:
-Do those dimension ranges fit within the bounds of your data?
-Did you select LINEAR or VALUES for the steps of XDEF and YDEF?
-Did you select actual numerical values when setting lat/lon?

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Francesco Piani <piani at lamma.rete.toscana.it
> wrote:

> Hi all Grads Users.
> I use a script to create a map of the hourly UV index. Using the same
> script to extract the UV value for a particular LAT-LON, grads shows the
> following error:
>
> *Default file number is: 1*
> *X is varying   Lon = 5.5 to 18.5   X = 69.75 to 232.25*
> *Y is varying   Lat = 36 to 47.35   Y = 13.5 to 155.375*
> *Z is fixed     Lev = 1000  Z = 1*
> *T is fixed     Time = 00Z06APR2012  T = 13*
> *
> *
> *LONG 12.054 LATI 43.541*
> *Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates*
> *  World coordinates convert to non-integer grid coordinates*
> *    Variable = uvclear  Dimension = 0*
> *  Error ocurred at column 1*
> *DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression*
> *  Expression = uvclear*
> *Error in math_nint:  Argument not a valid numeric*
> *  Error occurred on line 176*
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Francesco