[gradsusr] what is the limit of function(aave) ?

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Wed Apr 4 10:24:38 EDT 2012

Hi,
Assuming you have lon1 and lat1 defined, you need to put the coordinate
expressions in quotes.  For example:

lon1=121.5;lat1=27.9
'define
u200=aave(UGRDprs,lon='lon1-10',lon='lon1+10',lat='lat1-10',lat='lat1+10')'

Good luck--
Stephen Mc

2012/4/4 lz007700 <lz007700 at 163.com>

> Dear GrADS Users,
>
> I'm trying to calculate the area average wind ,when I use the function
> (aave) in gs,as follows:
> 'define u200=aave(UGRDprs,lon=lon1-10,lon=lon1+10,lat=lat1-10,lat=lat1+10)'
> it prompt such warnings "Syntax Error:  Invalid dimension expression
>   Dimension value missing or invalid
> Error from AAVE:  Invalid dimension expression"
> lon1,lat1 has been transformed to real number,not character.
> IS it must be specific numeral when we use function(aave)?
> when I define u200 as follows:
> 'define u200=aave(UGRDprs,lon=111.5,lon=131.5,lat=17.9,lat=37.9)'
> it works.why?

The information contained in this e-mail message
is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.