[gradsusr] Error reading float array from GRIB1 index file

Bob Benites benites at unca.edu
Mon Apr 2 20:46:18 EDT 2012

We recently installed GrADS 2.0.1 on a system
running Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6.2.

Previously we had been running version 2.0.a3
on a RHEL 5.7 system with no problems.

We copied a folder containing control and grib files from
our old system to the new. The file structure is identical,
so the control files point to the correct data files.  When we
run the program now however, we are seeing this
error output -- included below.

Any suggestions about what might be causing the
problem?

Thanks!

-- Bob

$ /usr/local/grads-2.0.1/bin/grads

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.1
Copyright (c) 1988-2011 by Brian Doty and the
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.0.1 little-endian readline
Issue 'q config' command for more detailed configuration information
Landscape mode? ('n' for portrait):
GX Package Initialization: Size = 11 8.5
ga-> open /REANALYSIS/2000/ctl/at00z12z/hgt.prs
Scanning description file:  /REANALYSIS/2000/ctl/at00z12z/hgt.prs
Error reading float array from GRIB1 index file
 The data file was not opened.
ga->