[gradsusr] GrDAS fails to interpret correctly a netcdf file.

Mubashar Dogar mubashardogar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 04:11:49 EDT 2012

Dear GrADS Users,

I am attaching a netcdf file for you all to look at it. It's sea
surface temperature data (Jan 1950 to Dec 1951). I am just creating a
binary data for the same variable as it is and wanted to open it using
control ctl file for this binary. Binary data file is generated using
following grads script.

'reinit'
'sdfopen sstGrads.mnmean.nc'
'set t 1 last'
'set gxout fwrite'
'set fwrite sst_1950-1951.dat'
'd sst'
'reinit'

my ctl file to open above GrADS generated file looks as follows:

dset sst_1950-1951.dat
title NOAA Extended Reconstructed SST V3b
undef -9.99e+08
xdef 181 linear 0 2
ydef 89 linear -88 2
zdef 1 linear 0 1
tdef 24 linear 00Z01JAN1950 1mon
vars 1
sst 0  99 Monthly Means of Sea Surface Temperature
endvars

Every thing that I did looks right but don't know why GrADS simply
screwed up to show the data properly. You can try it and let me know
what is missing.

Thanks,

Mubashar