[gradsusr] scatterplot question

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Sep 30 17:09:14 EDT 2011

You could also experiment with 'set digsize' to have the dots get
bigger or smaller as time progresses in your plot, and 'set cmark'
will control the type of dot drawn. For it to be clear, though, it
would depend on how many points are in the scatter plot and how
different the scatter is at different times.
--Jennifer

On Sep 30, 2011, at 4:42 PM, James T. Potemra wrote:

> Simon:
>
> You could, for example, use the time value as the color of the
> symbols used in the scatter plot.  If you loop over a time index,
> just use "set t" and "set ccolor".  You will have to "set looping off"
> to get all on one plot rather than an animation.
>
> Jim
>
> On 9/30/11 4:21 AM, Simon Kiertscher wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’m experimenting with scatterplot at the moment. My question is,
>> is it
>> possible to make a scatterplot with more then 2 dimensions?
>> If i set lat -180 180, lon -90 90, and time 1 50 (or something like
>> that) GrADS will make a sequence of pictures. But i want all
>> information
>> in one plot.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Simon