[gradsusr] GrADS v. Opengrads

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 23 17:17:53 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Rowell, Mason D.
<Mason.D.Rowell-1 at ou.edu>wrote:

> All,
>
> I have been keeping up with the gradusr exchanges, and it seems I may need
> to use opengrads. What is the difference between say, 2.0.a6 that I am
> using, and opengrads? Is it linux supported?

I'd like to make something very clear. COLA is the main developer of GrADS,
and most of what find in the OpenGrADS builds is the result of the hardwork
of Brian, Jennifer and a number of other folks that contributed to GrADS
over the years. The OpenGrADS builds are simply a value added repackaging of
COLA's GPL sources. It is not a fork.

    Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva