[gradsusr] Box Plot in GrADS?

Matei Georgescu Matei.Georgescu at asu.edu
Fri Sep 16 16:01:37 EDT 2011

Greetings fellow GrADS users,

I am interested in creating a (kind of) box plot and I'm wondering whether
it is possible to do so using GrADS.

I've attached a sketch of the type of plot I'm looking to create.

Basically, the data itself consists of:
value of ensemble member 1-4 (depicted by the horizontal line above
"Scenario 1a", "Scenario 1b", etc., for a total of 4 different scenarios.
(the circle is simply an average of each of the members)

Note: The data is time and space independent and the trick is to create a
*ctl file and arranging the corresponding data file that would permit such a
graph.

Would appreciate some advice on how to go about doing this in GrADS, if at
all possible.

thanks much,
matei