[gradsusr] Drawing Arbitrary Lines

Jeffrey Duda jdduda at iastate.edu
Thu Sep 15 21:28:49 EDT 2011

I'm assuming you know the lat/lon coordinates of the end points of the line
representing the cross section.  Use 'q w2xy lat lon' to determine where on
the virtual page your lat/lon coordinates lie.  Then take the output into
some variable and use the draw
line<http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomddrawline.html>command to
draw the line on the page.  If you are drawing with projected
data, beware that the line you draw will probably be distorted due to the
projection.  But if you are using latlon for mproj, your line should appear
correctly.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Mireieta <mireieta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am plotting arbitrry cross sections as explained in the grads
> documentation. Now, I would like to draw the lines through where I am doing
> the cross sections in a 2D lon-lat map.
>
> Anyone knows how to do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> --