[gradsusr] define variable independent of time

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Sep 12 13:57:19 EDT 2011

Happily combining 'whatever' with 'theother' requires a metadata
override for one of the two defined variables. The best way to do this
is not with define but by using fwrite and writing a new descriptor
file that has a TDEF that matches one of the variables (or it could be
completely abstract, maybe this would be better to avoid confusion
later on). If the variables 'whatever' and 'theother' do not vary in
E, you can use the E dimension to collect them into the same data set
-- this might make the subsequent comparison a little easier.
--Jennifer

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA
4041 Powder Mill Road, Suite 302