[gradsusr] define variable independent of time

Becker, Bernd bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk
Mon Sep 12 04:03:26 EDT 2011

Jeff,

That is is the really hard part.
Each item fx and obs describes a chunk of a time series.
One would have to manually calculate the start and end dates
with respect to the reference dfile.

If only (and I think Mike explained it a long time ago, and I cannot
find the
email) one could
set file 1
set t 2 34
define whatever
set dfile 2
set t 6 39
define theother

and happily combine whatever with theother.

Think about multimodel ensemble hindcast analysis, trying to composit
observed phenomena with modelled phenomena that simply
don't happen simultaneously.

All the best,
Bernd.

--
Bernd Becker   Climate Impacts Product Development
Met Office Hadley Centre    FitzRoy Road  Exeter   Devon EX1 3PB  United