[gradsusr] define variable independent of time

Becker, Bernd bernd.becker at metoffice.gov.uk
Fri Sep 9 12:05:39 EDT 2011

Simple question,
complicated answer:

I would like to composite stuff from several  files.

Each file has its own time and date info in its own .ctl file.

How can I add elements from different such files?

How can I break away from the strict treatment of the time dimension in
grads?

open file1.ctl
define a=ave(b,t=1,t=34)
close 1
open file2.ctl
define c= ave(b,t=3,t=9)
close 2
etc.

d a+c
Cannot contour grid - all undefined values

because a and c have different times.

What can be done about this?

Have a nice weekend.
Bernd.

--
Bernd Becker   Climate Impacts Product Development
Met Office Hadley Centre    FitzRoy Road  Exeter   Devon EX1 3PB  United