[gradsusr] PyGrADS v1.1.b5 on Windows

Yan Libin zjuyanlibin at 163.com
Fri Sep 9 00:51:35 EDT 2011

Dear Arlindo,

I've installed the pygrads which has drawn me a lot of interests.
I wonder what statistical methods are included in the GrADS.
Thank you!

Regards,
Libin Yan

Yan Libin

From: Arlindo da Silva
Date: 2011-09-08 10:25
To: GrADS Users Forum
Subject: [gradsusr] PyGrADS v1.1.b5 on Windows
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

Dear PyGrADS Users,

  From now on we are recommending that PyGrADS be used with the Enthought Python Distribution (EPD):

            https://enthought.com/products/epd.php

  EPD includes many scientific and statistical libraries needed in day to day data analysis. It also saves you the trouble of resolving all the dependencies needed for PyGrADS. It works on many platforms, including Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. The complete EPD is free for academic use, but there is a fee for commercial use, consult the URL above for details. There is also a limited EPD Free Edition that partially works with pygrads (basemaps are missing). (I'll be posting instructions on how to modify the EPD Free Edition for a fully functional PyGrADS.)

If you would like to install the EPD Free edition on Windows here is some useful information. Get EPD Free from:

    http://enthought.com/repo/free

As I mentioned before, EPD Free is missing the basemap package that pygrads needs.
On Windows you can get the pre-compiled basemap package from:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/matplotlib/files/matplotlib-toolkits/basemap-1.0.1/

Get the package that matches the EPD Free version. Currently this is Python 2.7, so get

   basemap-1.0.1.win32-py2.7.exe

After that, install pygrads proper:

pygrads-1.1.b5.win32.exe

And of course, make sure you have the opengrads Win32 superpack installed:

grads-2.0.a9.oga.1-win32_superpack.exe

PyGrADS should be available on your [Start] menu.

    Good Luck,

      Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva