[gradsusr] PyGrADS v1.1.b5 released

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 7 19:10:59 EDT 2011

Dear PyGrADS Users,

  We just released PyGrADS v1.1.b5 on sf.net:

     http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengrads/files/python-grads/1.1.b5/

  This version has been updated to work with the newly released IPython
0.11. While still in beta, this release includes new interpolation methods
that allows you to create generic curtain plots. See ChangeLog for
additional information.

  From now on we are recommending that PyGrADS be used with the Enthought
Python Distribution (EPD):

            https://enthought.com/products/epd.php

  EPD includes many scientific and statistical libraries needed in day to
day data analysis. It also saves you the trouble of resolving all the
dependencies needed for PyGrADS. It works on many platforms, including
Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. The complete EPD is free for academic use, but
there is a fee for commercial use, consult the URL above for details. There
is also a limited EPD Free Edition that partially works with pygrads
(basemaps are missing). (I'll be posting instructions on how to modify the
EPD Free Edition for a fully functional PyGrADS.)

 Enjoy!

    Arlindo
--
Arlindo da Silva