[gradsusr] Incorrect Winds from NCEP NAM file

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 28 10:14:45 EDT 2011

Bill,

1)      When I plot the CONUS nam grids at NCEP , the 250mb winds are
westerly and consistent with the height field.
2)      Don's grib files do say that the winds are grid relative and
need to be rotated (LCCR).
3)      The NCEP operations shouldn't be changing the wind rotation.

Wesley

Don,

    There is a mistake in your Florida NAM files.  Do you know where you
got them from?
There seems to have been a mistake made in creating the regional subset.

          Wesley