[gradsusr] Help with HDF-EOS2

Huddleston, John Huddleston at cira.colostate.edu
Thu Oct 6 13:56:27 EDT 2011

Hernan

Your files mix both North Polar and South Polar into one file; so you will have to create two separate GrADS control files for each.

I'm no expert on the AMSR datasets; however, here is a start of a NPS control file. You will have to fix the lonref (-97), starting lower X (190), and starting lower Y (15).

dset AMSR_E_L3_SeaIce25km_V12_20061201.hdf
dtype hdfsds
title Sea ICE
pdef 304 448 nps 150 234 -97 25000
undef -999
xdef 304 linear 190 0.25
ydef 448 linear 15 0.25
zdef 1 levels 1000.0
tdef 1  linear 00:00Z01dec2006 1dy
vars 3
SI_25km_NH_ICECON_ASC=>nhasc 1 y,x NH_ICECON_ASC
SI_25km_NH_ICECON_DSC=>nhdsc 1 y,x NH_ICECON_DSC
SI_25km_NH_ICECON_DAY=>nhday 1 y,x NH_ICECON_DAY
Endvars

John Huddleston