[gradsusr] WRF

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 6 08:54:57 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:38 AM, chinh ta huu <chinhth2010 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all users
>    + Does anyone install WRF model by *ifort compiler with icc*
>    + I have ifort but I don;t know *what is icc and lack icc *in SUSE*?*
> *   + *anyone tell me and where to download icc to install

This is the GrADS list, not WRF's. In any event, icc is the intel C compiler
(a.k.a. as "incompatible C compiler" in some circles [?]), a paid replacement
for gcc. Although I am not a WRF user, I can tell you that there is no need
to use fort with icc; ifort works just as well with gcc. I am not familiar
with the WRF build system, but often you can redefine the CC macro to use
gcc instead of icc. Check with folks at the WRF list.

  Arlindo