[gradsusr] merra data

Mike Bosilovich mike.bosilovich at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:47:00 EDT 2011

Hi Antoine,

There was a data ingest problem identified after the original files were
released.  The data were reprocessed and re-released with and increment to
the version number of the file name. The updates mailing list was informed
at the time the data was changed (which is why we recommend users to sign up
for it), but you've acquired the data well after the fact.

I think I've used separately symbolic links and the CHSUB ctl command to get
around that variation in the filename structures.

If you go back in time you'll also find that the different processing
streams have different version numbers. So far, those are the only times the
version characters of the file names change.

Mike