[gradsusr] issue in exporting and expression, change it in Python and import back

Helio Camargo heliocamargo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 00:18:42 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Arlindo da Silva <dasilva at alum.mit.edu>wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Helio Camargo <heliocamargo at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear gradsusr,
>>
>> Just before mentioning the error, I like to emphasize that the environment
>> variables GAUDXT and LD_LIBRARY_ PATH are (apparently) properly set in my
>> .bashrc.
>>

> If you are using the opengrads bundle, you should *not* set any of these;
> just put Contents/ in your path.

Hi Arlindo,

Thanks for the response.

Fixed it! Error persists though...

>> I've been struggling a bit just to follow a pygrads example available in
>> http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=PyGrADS_Interactive_Shell .
>> Everytime I want to export and expression, change it in Python and import
>> back I get the following message:
>>

> Which version of pygrads are you using?  Which platform? Are using EPD? If
> so, which version?

I'm using pygrads-1.1.0. I'm trying the same thing on a Mac OS X 10.6.7 and
on a Ubuntu...one thing is that I couldn't find the folder Contents in
Ubuntu, but I pointed the path of the grads executable in the
path...actually both of them return exactly the same error message I copied
in my last e-mail...and no, I'm not using any EPD...

Thanks again!