[gradsusr] evaluation of grads expressions in pygrads (galab.py)

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Mon Nov 28 22:06:13 EST 2011

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 7:08 AM, Francesco Benincasa <
francesco.benincasa at bsc.es> wrote:

> * venerdì 25 novembre 2011, alle 12:20, Arlindo da Silva scrive:
> [...]
> > Can you give us some more details here? Is this a global or regional
> dataset?
>
> It's a regional dataset.
>
> > Also, which version of pygrasd is this? Platform?
>
> pygrads 1.1.4

Just in case try the latest release:

       http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengrads/files/python-grads/1.1.b5/

> python 2.6.5
> OS OpenSuSE 11.3
>
> I attach two images, one with the map correctly drawn (with the "transf"
> optino set to True) and one with the wrong one. You can download a test
> dataset from here:
> http://sds-was.aemet.es/archive/files/testfile.nc
>
> I use some different dataset from various models (both global and regional)
> and I only have to set the transf option with this model.

Strange, I am able to plot this file with no problems, without setting
"transf". Here is what I did:

  from grads import gacm
  ga.open('testfile.nc')
  ga.imshow('1e6*sconc_dust',cmap=gacm.jet_l)

The image is attached. For the record, I am running python 2.7 from EPD
7.1-2 on Mac OS X.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva