[gradsusr] writing results & variables to a text file

Wesley Ebisuzaki Wesley.Ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 23 13:43:10 EST 2011

Alireza,

   "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

    Before trying to find a GrADS solution, consider whether GrADS is
the right tool.

(A)  To find Washington DCs T2m for a single file, 1.grb2

    wgrib2 1.txt -match ":TMP:" -match ":2 m above ground:"  -s -lon -53
38 >1.txt

(B) Do the same for *.grb2 (only works for v0.1.9.3  5/2011 or later)

    cat  *.grb2 | wgrib2 - -match ":TMP:" -match ":2 m above ground:"
-s -lon -53 38 >all.txt

    for older wgrib2:  cat *.grb2 >tmp.grb2
                                  wgrib2 tmp.grb2 -match ":TMP:" -match
":2 m above ground:"  -s -lon -53 38 >all.txt

      Wesley Ebisuzaki