[gradsusr] background color

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:56:54 EST 2011

For changes to background or display colors, it usually helps to issue the
clear command to figuratively wipe the slate clean before displaying
stuff.  I think the reason your country outlines are not appearing is
because you set the line color to zero, which matches the background color
no matter what the background color is.  Use a different color index in the
set line commands.

Also, I see you are trying to display a field that has underscores in the
name.  As far as I'm aware, that's not allowed in Grads.  Is that
displaying the variable correctly?

Jeff Duda

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Christelle LACROIX <cl at meteoconsult.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I want to color background but nothing changes.
> I tried
> 'set background 7'
>
> then, when i want to plot shapefile with countries, they don't appear, i
> don't understand why.
> Here my source code:
>
> 'run 'repRadarSH'/rampe_couleur_radar_mc.gs'
> 'c'
> 'set mpdraw off'
> 'set grid off'
>
> 'set rgb 47 255 255 236'
> 'set rgb 41 177 176 176'
>
>    'set parea 0 11 0 8.5'
>    'set grads off'
>    'set gxout shaded'
>    'set background 8'
>    'set csmooth on'
>    'run 'repRadarSH'/classes_radar.gs'
>    'd img_d_gds0'
>
> * POUR TRACER PAYS
> 'set shpopts 47'
> 'set line 0 1 1'
> 'draw shp pays98'
>
> * POUR TRACER PAYS
> 'set shpopts 41'
> 'set line 0 1 1'
> 'draw shp Departements'
>
>    'set parea off'
>    'c events'
>
>    'printim 'repFicPNGOut'/compo_radar.png -t 0'
>

> Thanks
>
> CL

Jeff Duda
Grad student - PhD, Meteorology
University of Oklahoma School of Meteorology - Center for Analysis and
Prediction of Storms