[gradsusr] Sfc level in ctl file

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:50:02 EST 2011

Well, I think CIN is only defined if a parcel has CAPE.  If a lifted parcel
is never warmer than the ambient temperature at a given level, then neither
CAPE nor CIN are defined, and you would only see zeros in the CIN field.
Again, try looking at data closer to the equator and during the warmer
parts of the day when CAPE/CIN are more likely to exist.

Jeff