[gradsusr] Enc: regriding problem

Arlindo da Silva arlindo.dasilva at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:47:29 EST 2011

Arlindo,

  I have a GPCP option in lats4d.sh; enter

% lats4d.sh -h

for the correct option.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 8, 2011, at 4:59 PM, Arlindo Meque <mequitomz at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

The lats4d.sh script worked properly. The only problem is that the output
from the lats4d.sh is a file with 144 points in x-direction and 73 points
in y-direction while my observation file (gpcp) has 144 points in
x-direction and 72 points in y-direction, i.e, the number of points in
y-direction from the forecast and observation differ by 1.

I’ve tried again the re()  command but the but GrADS fail  to discern the
coordinates:
ga-> sdfopen  forecast.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  forecast.nc
SDF file forecast.nc is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -90 90
LEV set to 0 0
Time values set: 2009:9:16:0 2009:9:16:0
E set to 1 1
ga-> define gg=re(precip,144,linear,0,2.5,72,linear,-90,2.5,bl)
Define memory allocation size = 82944 bytes
ga-> set sdfwrite test.nc
SDFWrite file name = test.nc
SDFWrite will replace an existing file
SDFwrite file will have same number of dimensions as defined variable
ga-> sdfwrite gg
Wrote variable gg to test.nc
ga-> reinit
No hardcopy metafile open
All files closed; all defined objects released;
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
ga-> sdfopen test.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  test.nc
SDF file has no discernable time coordinate -- using default values.
SDF file test.nc is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -90 87.5
LEV set to 0 0