[gradsusr] new grads shade2, how to make transparent shades.

Howard Staines metris at clear.net.nz
Sun Nov 6 16:07:27 EST 2011

I was wanting an explanation of how to use the new feature 2.0.0.1 grads
As per features

* New shaded contouring algorithm: "set gxout shade2"
       Polygons are closed, have no holes, do not overlap, and are as large
and few in number as is feasible
       Use of -1 for a color # will suppress drawing of the shaded contour,
making it effectively transparent

I get errors from making -ve colour numbers
For instance
Set rgb -1 252 252 0

Gets an error

Help appreciated

Regards

Howard Staines

     Metris Limited

phone 0800 372 433 - mobile 027 2785586 - P O Box 5136 Greenmeadows, NAPIER
email info at metris.co.nz - info at metscape.net.nz - website www.metris.co.nz -
www.metscape.net.nz