[gradsusr] OpenGrADS 2.01.oga.1 Bundle for Linux - Ubuntu issues

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 1 08:29:41 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Kevin M Levey <klevey at customweather.com>wrote:

> MON 31OCT11: 1830PDT
>
> Hi all and Arlindo
>
> Not sure if anyone else has upgraded to this latest version on an Ubuntu
> system. I upgraded our dev/test machine and other than having to add a
> missing library, the upgrade seemed fine. It loaded up just fine. However,
> when running a simple test script which I always use to ensure everything
> works as it should, opengrads simply froze. Has anyone else had this
> problem with this latest version? I had to revert back to 2.0.a9.oga.1 and
> my script worked just fine.

I need just a bit more information in order to diagnose the problem. Can
you share the test script with me? Can you tell the specif line where it is
hanging? Have you tried the i686 build to rule out that this is not a
x86_64 specific issue? Every binary we put out passes our unit tests, but
any such collection of tests only covers a limitted set of features.

     Arlindo

Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu