[gradsusr] WRF and Grads

pengyuan li pengyuanli at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:41:31 EDT 2011

Hi Nick,
     You can use the ARWpost module to convert the orginal model levels into
pressure levels.  I assume you have all the other knowledge for using the
ARWpost utility. If you do not, please refer to the WRF user guide.  Then
what you need to do is to modify the namelist.ARWpost to set the
interp_method=1 (for user specified pressure/height) and the
interp_levels=1000, 975,950...or any setting of the vertical pressure levels
which ARWpost utility will interpolated the model data into your setting
levels.
Hope this helps.

Pengyuan

2011/5/23 Nick Heath <nkh09 at fsu.edu>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am a semi-experienced Grads user but new to WRF.  I have recently began
> running WRF and I am looking for help with creating a ctl file for the
> netcdf output.  I ran WRF with lambert projection and used the PDEF setting
> in my ctl file.  Everything seems to work fine except for the vertical
> levels.  WRF uses eta levels...is there any way to convert these into
> pressure levels for the ctl file?  Thanks in advance for any advice!
>
> -Nick

PH.D. Pengyuan Li

No.238 Songling Road, Qingdao, P.R. China

Marine meteorology division

College of Physical and Environmental Oceanography

Ocean university of China