[gradsusr] Opengrads libfm commands

Naim Alper alper at lightspeed.ca
Wed May 18 18:55:16 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to use the "mfhilo" command from the libfm library.
I am using the grads-2.0.a9.oga.1 bundle on the Mac (but have also tried it
on Unix).  If I just call the command with no arguments, I get a usage
message which means that the dynamic library is being found.  However,
as soon as I try to provide arguments, it complains thus:

Syntax Error:  Expected operand or '('
  Error ocurred at column 1

I use it as:

'mfhilo GpHt gr b m 30 ...'

where I have used various lat/lons.

When searching the resources, I have come across a posting from Mike Fiorino
himself from 17th Apr, 2009 that the lib is broken in OpenGrads 2.  Could
this still be the case ?  If not, any help on what I am doing wrong would be
most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Naim