[gradsusr] ctl file for curvillinear data

Roberto Mera rjmera at coas.oregonstate.edu
Fri May 13 16:50:10 EDT 2011

Users,

I've been working with data from the regCPDN project:
http://climateprediction.net/weatherathome/western_us
This data is in curvillinear coordinates and when I run cdo griddes I get:

gridtype  = curvilinear
gridsize  = 12870
xname     = global_longitude0
xlongname = longitude
xunits    = degrees_east
yname     = global_latitude0
ylongname = latitude
yunits    = degrees_north
xsize     = 110
ysize     = 117

The grid is specific numbers for each lat,lon (i,j). It's a 24km grid at
0.22 deg in its native coordinate system. Using XDEF in either levels or
linear distorts the image. How can I approach this with the PDEF function?

I'm running grads version v2.0.a9.oga.1 little-endian readline printim
grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5 opendap-grids,stn athena geotiff shapefile

Thanks,

Robert