[gradsusr] LON-LAT for European sector

Djordje Romanic djordje8 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 06:20:33 EDT 2011

Dear Doug,

Now I see... I made a slip during the calculation. Namely, I've used
NCEP/NCAR reanalysis data to calculate relative topography, and to do that
I've used the command:

***************************
sdfopen
http://nomad1.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/_expr_{reanalyses/reanalysis-1/6hr/pgb/pgb}{hgtprs(lev=500)-hgtprs(lev=1000)}{0
:360,-90:90,1000:1000,00z1jan1961:00z1jan1991}
***************************
However, the longitude in the original file (on nomad server) goes only up
to 357.5. BUT, even if I replace 360 with 357.5 in the above command I get
the same result---WHY?
Dear Doug, since I have more than a month of work behind me and all of that
work was done usung the above command (with lon=360) and the result is the
same as it would be 357.5 instead of 360, but the difference is in writing
the result in a file, is it possible to change something in the CTL file and
to correct a mistake? You were right, if in the previous command is 357.5,
than I am able to set lon from -30 to 60. Since eveything else is the same,
except this ploting issue, please is it possible to correct that so that I
don't have to do the same tremandeus work from the beginning?

Regards,
Djordje