[gradsusr] GrADS-DODs

Teddy Allen teddyallen at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 15:06:09 EDT 2011

I have downloaded the grads-2.0.a9.oga.1-win32_superpack.exe  onto a windows 7
computer and am having difficulty in locating a DODs compatible application. I
seem to have two options for running GrADS: 1) OpenGrADS and 2) GrADS prompt.
Both display "opendap-grids" upon startup, but unfortunately none seem to accept
my dods web address:

sdfopen
http://iridl.ldeo.columbia.edu/SOURCES/.NOAA/.NCEP-NCAR/.CDAS-1/.MONTHLY/.Intrinsic/.PressureLevel/.u/P/%28925%29VALUES/T/%28Jan%201949%29%28Jan%201950%29RANGEEDGES/Y/%2890N%29%2850N%29RANGEEDGES/dods

Can anybody relay some assistance with this? In previous versions of GrADS
this option was a cinch. Am I missing something or is there a new method for
version 2.0.9?
Thank you,
teddy allen

http://www.teddyallen.com
"To move quickly, go alone. To move far, go together."
African Proverb