[gradsusr] Averaging function in GrADS.

Salvador Salazar sal.salazar1 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 23:19:38 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I have a beginner question regarding the GrADS 'ave' (average) function. I'm
trying to simply take the average temperature for a domain over several
days, but only for night time hours. So, once I set up my domain in GrADS, I
use the following command:

d ave(t2,t+3,t+15,24)

Where t2 is temperature at 2 meters, t+3 increments the UTC time to make it
8 o'clock at night, t+15 makes it 8 o'clock in the morning, and the
24 increments the time daily once the night's temperatures have been
averaged. So far, this is giving me garbage plots. I saw the users guide
section for the 'ave' function, but I can't find any similar problem. Do you
guys know how to make this work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Sal