[gradsusr] high values at northern/southern boundaries of domain

SMITH, JONATHAN WYNN. (GSFC-6133) jonathan.smith at nasa.gov
Wed Mar 30 08:04:48 EDT 2011

To all of those that are using grads to display wrf-chem variables:

The northern and southern (particularly northern) boundaries the ozone (o3) variable is outputtting super high values in ppbv. With time these high values reach 1/4 into the domain. This is not happening with the east and west boundaries.  I get the values that I expect in the middle of the domain.  I recompiled the boundary condition software.  The only thing I know is to try a newer version of grads.  I currently have grads-2.0.a8.oga.1.

I am not sure what is going on. Any help would be great!!

I have attached 2 images that display the issue.

Jonathan

Jonathan Wynn Smith
Student Trainee
jonathan.smith at nasa.gov
NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Code 613.3 - Atmospheric Chemistry and Dynamics Branch
Greenbelt, MD 20771
301-614-5956

Doctoral Candidate
jw_smith at howard.edu
Howard University Program in Atmospheric Sciences
Washington, DC 20059