[gradsusr] Plotting vector of direction Magnitude

Zablone Owiti zablonowiti at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 22:26:36 EDT 2011

Hi Users,

I have a file of points (station locations in lat, lon), bearing(the bearings are such that North, East, South, West
indicate January,April,July and October respectively)and magnitude (the magnitude here is the amplitude of rainfall annual cycle at each station).
I would like to make a plot where each station is depicted by an arrow and the direction the arrow points is based on the value of bearing
while length of the arrow is based on the value of magnitude.

What I wish to achieve is a plot showing the amplitude of the annual cycle
at each station and its phase shown by a 12-month clock with i.e Northward arrow indicating maximum rainfall January.

Any suggestions on how to do this with Grads.

ZABLONE OWITI