[gradsusr] Opengradsv2

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Sat Mar 26 21:17:21 EDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 10:25 AM, suresh sharma <sureshdoranga at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear friends
>
> I have just started to use opengradv2.0. I installed it in windows system
> with XP. when I run the program, it is showing the warning about
> security.... firewall protection ....Xming X-server etc. when I start
> tutorial,

You have to resolve these issues before you can get a functional version of
of grads. Make sure  you allow Xming when asked or else you will not get a
display window.

> it gives two  warning message; i) it is unable to read usable fonts, ii)
> can not convert string "7*13" to type fontstruct

This is usually safe to ignore.

> It works up to the tutorial
>
> d ps
> but it does not work for the command
> d z
> How to tackle these problems. Also I do not have cygwin because I learnt
> from the website that for this version, cygwin is not required.

You are correct. No need to install cygwin if you have the opengrads win32
superpack.

  Good Luck,

--
Arlindo da Silva