[gradsusr] Problem extracting HIRLAM gribfile

Jonas Kaufmann me at j0nes.de
Tue Mar 15 10:05:08 EDT 2011

Hello Wesley,

thank you for your help! I could convert the file to grib2 using ECMWF
grib_set, see the converted file as an attachment. I then used the
latest versions of g2ctl and wgrib2 to create a control file (also
attached). During this process I get the following error):
Argument "0.000000:winds(grid)" isn't numeric in multiplication (*) at
/usr/share/perl/5.10/Math/Trig.pm line 87.

Now when I try to create an index file for the grib2-file, gribmap
complains with this error:
Open Error:  Missing or invalid dimension increment value
  --> The invalid description file record is:
  --> xdef 351 linear 245.437796901893 -0.459621342512909
  The data file was not opened.

Is there a simple (manual?) way to fix this in the control file? Or is
there another option on how to display data from this file?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Jonas Kaufmann