[gradsusr] grib2 gfs files and g2gdf.pl

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Tue Mar 8 21:27:04 EST 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 7:39 PM, Ted Pollock <edwardp at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> I'm actually using grib2.gex, Arlindo's opengrads extension.

I had forgotten about this extension myself... This was a stop gap measure
until we could have the extensions ported to grads v2.0. The g2gdf script
works by massaging the output of g2ctl.pl and wgrib2. Are you using recent
versions of these utilities? It is possible that something changed since
2008 that broke g2gdf.
Which options are you using with g2gdf? Type "g2gdf.pl -h" for a manual
page. Are you using the -verf option?

On the other hand, I fully agree with Jennifer: Grib-2 isnatively supported
in GrADS v2. Do you have any good reason not to migrate to grads v2.0? GrADS
v2.0.a9 despite the "alpha" in the name is pretty solid by now.

   Arlindo

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva at alum.mit.edu