[gradsusr] grads interpolation problem

felim hanniffy felimhanniffy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 14:55:50 EST 2011

Hi allThis problem just arose over the past day or two, (using grads 2.0) When i try running the following which is
required to convert grib files to ctl for grads i get the following message.
 /grib2ctl -verf 48hr_forecast_lf > 48hr_forecast_lf.ctl

Big problem:

  either 48hr_forecast_lf is missing or not a grib
file

  wgrib is not on your path or can not write to
/tmp/g30175.tmp (full disk or permissions)

When running grads and trying to view a
variable I get the following;

Notice:  Automatic Grid Interpolation Taking Place

GRIB I/O Error reading 33805 bytes at 119208163

  File name is: 48hr_forecast_sc1

Data Request Error:  Error for variable
'vmax10m10m'

  Error ocurred at column 1

DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression

  Expression = vmax10m10m

ga-> Notice:  Automatic Grid
Interpolation Taking Place

Unknown command: Notice:

only started getting this messages since yesterday, it usually has no problem, I
freed up plenty of space but i'm still getting the same problem when i try open a file on
grads or perform. /grib2ctl, if had been working fine up to two days ago now i
get;

either 48hr_forecast_lf is missing or not a grib
file

  wgrib is not on your path or can not
write to /tmp/g10671.tmp (full disk or permissions)

wgrib is in its pathway and 48hr_forecast_if
contains grib output from a 48hr model run, which normally is fine, it seems to
be unable to write anything into the tmp files it needs to create, it creates
the file in /tmp/ eg (tmp/g10671.tmp) but can't write anything into
it, this also affects my running of grads as it also needs this access to
preform the needed grid interpolations.

any ideas?, any info at all will be much
appreciated

Thanks

felim