[gradsusr] WRF output (Dr.Gamal El Afandi)

Juan Jose Amides Figueroa Urbano juanjosefigueroa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:13:04 EST 2011

Hi Dr. Gamal, You can run scripts in grads like a program, can be programmed
with C language basic type, the end of the script save it with extension
"gs" on the same folder of the WRF output ( like this: "file.gs") later
opening grads call it with the command "run file.gs". I attached
a script created for me to automatically generate maps of rainfall and
stores the result in a specific folder, you can edit as you like for your
needs:

#Script PARA PRECIPITACION TOTAL
'c'
'set t 1'
t = 1
name = 03
while (t <= 41)
'set gxout shaded'
'set t 't''
'd rainc'
'cbar'
'set gxout contour'
'd rainc'
'q time'
x1=sublin(result,1)
t1=subwrd(x1,3)
t2=subwrd(x1,5)
'draw title PRECIPITACION TOTAL ACUMULADA PARA 't1' '
'wi /home/jjfigueroa/WRF/SALIDAS/00Z/ppt't'.png'
'c'
t= t+1
endwhile

PD: Sorry for my bad english.

Juan Jose Amides Figueroa
Servicio Meteorologico Nacional de El Salvador
Ministerio de Medio Ambiente y Recursos Naturales.