[gradsusr] Political boundaries in Europe

Yaqiang Wang yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:11:58 EDT 2011

jagabandhu panda,

I just developed a plugin "Coastline2wmp" for MeteoInfo (it is free avaliable at http://www.esnips.com/web/MeteoInfo ), so you can convert the ASCII data downloaded from  www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/coast to wmp file which is an ASCII map data file and can be plotted and coverted into GrADS map data format in MeteoInfo. The plugin is attached.

Download and put it under the "Plugin" folder in the MeteoInfo install directory. Then the plugin could be found and used in MeteoInfo software (look attached "Costline2wmpPlugin.png"). After the wmp file is created, it could be add as a layer. And then you can output the layer to GrADS map data using "Output Map Data" menu (look attached "Output2GrADS.png").

======== 2011-06-21 15:52:44 ========

Hi

    I think it is working when we can use the draw shp command with full path to the corresponding extracted shp file. However, I found some discripancies in the border of several places. So, I would be interested to use the coast line data from NOAA available at: www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/coast

That could be extracted by setting appropriate lat/lon limit and would be able to get in ASCII format. Could you say me how we can use that while plotting (if possible). I would request other users also to help in this direction and would be really thankful to you.

regards
Jagabandhu