[gradsusr] Superimposing data from different dat files

Andre Pattantyus apattantyus2008 at my.fit.edu
Mon Jun 13 21:06:23 EDT 2011

salvador,

open one at a time plot the temp and close each file. that should work.

andre

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Salvador Salazar <ssalaza4 at asu.edu> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm having trouble superimposing two graphs from different dat files.
> One file was custom made by a colleague which has temp from Feb 2 to
> Feb 7 among other variables. The second dat file comes right out of a
> WRF simulation, which was then sent through ARWpost for Feb 1 to Feb
> 5. When I open the ctl files individually on Grads, I can plot the
> graphs of the respective data. But, when I open both ctl files in a
> single Grads session, only the first file will be able to plot
> anything. Right now, I'm only interested in plotting temperature in
> Celsius from Feb 2 to Feb 5 over a specific station. (Variable 'tc'
> from the ARWpost ctl, and variable 'temp' from my colleagues data.)
> Here's the error message:
>
> Data Request Error: Invalid grid coordinates
>  World coordinates convert to non-integer  grid coordinates
>    Variable = tc.2  Dimension = 0
>  Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>  Expression = tc.2
>
> Thoughts?

Andre Pattantyus, Graduate Student Research Assistant
Marine and Environmental Systems, Florida Institute of Technology
150 W. University Blvd, Melbourne, FL 32901

Phone: (321) 674-8330 | Fax: (321) 674-7212 | Email: apattantyus2008 at fit.edu