[gradsusr] Custom (user defined) symbol based on stationdata

Stauffer Reto (UNI) reto.stauffer at student.uibk.ac.at
Tue Jun 7 02:01:27 EDT 2011

Dear Usergroup

I tried to find a solution for my idea but i havnt found one. What
whould i like to do?

I've created some station data files with my MOS-forecasts and i try
visualize those data in GrADS. It is no problem to plot a map with
colored integer values (see file, not important to know what it is).

My idea: for some parameter i would like to create "custom symbols". I
wont use (only) the weather symbols supported by GrADS allready. The
idea is something like that:

- looping trough the station data file (one timestep)
- getting long/lat info from the actual station
- getting the value
- plotting a geometrical symbol (polygon, lines, ...) to this position

I hav'nt found any solution for such a "station data loop". Does someone
of you did something like that allready? If you did it would be great if
you could send me a draw of this loop :) .

Thanks a lot
Best regards
Reto Stauffer

Institute of Meteorology and Geophysic
University of Innsbruck
Austria

Reto Stauffer
Department of Meteorology and Geophysics
University of Innsbruck
Innrain 52, A- 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Tel: +43-(0)-512-507-5486
Fax: +43-(0)-512-507-2924