[gradsusr] Z-averaging of wind

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Fri Jul 29 09:14:46 EDT 2011

HB,

Here's an example of plotting vertically averaged wind streamlines for a
single timestep from a forecast model:

'set time 00z30jul2011'
'define u=ave(ugrdprs,lev=1000,lev=300)'
'define v=ave(vgrdprs,lev=1000,lev=300)'
'set gxout stream'
'd u;v'

Stephen McMillan

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:13 AM, H. Bala Devi <hbala2k at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks...,
>    I would like to get averaged the vertical levels of wind and then
> plot the stream lines for it... Anybody can help me in Z-averaging
> command/script for wind...
> Thanks in advance...
> HB...A

The information contained in this e-mail message
is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.
If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, copy or distribute this message. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.