[gradsusr] problem with grib2ctl.pl

Mubashar Dogar mubashardogar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 11:49:13 EDT 2011

*Dear GrADS users,

I have downloaded synoptic monthly means analysis data from ECMWF for
specific humidity at 1000 pressure level both in netcdf and grib format
(This is the same data in grib & netcdf format for three months of 1989). I
encountered a bug or some issue in perl script (grib2ctl.pl) that generates
GrADS readable control file for the grib data set. I am attaching grib file
and control file made by grib2ctl.pl as well as index file generated by
gribmap. The bug is that synoptic monthly means data have 4 time steps (at
00, 06, 12, & 18) for each month but grib2ctl.pl makes 4 time steps in each
day instead of 4 time step in a month. When I opened the ctl file in GrADS,
it display some values and shows rest as all undefined values. I even
changed time in ctl manually and generate index again but the problem is yet
unresolved. Where is the issue? Does anyone already encountered the same
problem. Please see attached files for your satisfaction.
*
Mubashar